The Pumas kept their unbeaten record in this year’s SuperSport Challenge intact at Loftus Versfeld by beating the Blue Bulls 34-22 in this away fixture.
They were dominating the match for at the first hour and were leading 34-12 before a late fightback by the Light Blues.
They set a few milestones in this victory:
- Their 213 points scored in their five matches is second only to Griquas in the competition this far;
- They have also conceded only 87 points in the competition, second to Western Province;
- Their defensive record – they have only let 13 tries in – is also the second best in the comp so far;
- They have the third best try-scoring record at this stage;
- Christopher Smith is the top point scorer in the competition so far with 60;
- Ruwellyn Isbel is the second top try scorer so far with eight, and
- Smith has kicked ten penalties, seven more than any other player in the competition.
Pumas: Tries: Ruwellyn Isbel (2), Marko Janse van Rensburg, Trompie Pretorius. Conversions: Christopher Smith (3), Justin van Staden. Penalties: Smith (2).